Shhh, don’t tell anyone it’s Friday. That way I can pretend that this post went out when it should have–Thursday!
I’m going to combine a couple of things today, just to make it easier on myself. First of all, I wanted to let you know that I just joined the 3in30 Challenge! Here’s what Ashley’s website says:
I’m a week late into the July Challenge, but I’m going to jump in anyway! For July, my goals are:
- Stay consistent with the Couch to 5k running plan–which means Mon/Wed/Fri get out there and DO it
- Say “Yes” at least 2 times a day when my girls ask me if they (or we) can do something, even if it means making a mess
- De-clutter, organize, and deep clean the family room side of the basement
So there are the 3 things that I am going to be working on this month. I’m rather excited about the accountability and the camaraderie of this challenge! I will be posting updates on my progress HERE on Fridays. Come on over for a look-see!
Now, on to the 2nd part for today. Thankful Thursday! Today I am so thankful for:
- Creative bloggers who come up with fun, relevant, and inspiring challenges to join and be kept accountable
- A chance to pray together with my husband in the (very) early, quiet morning this week.
- A sprinkler system
- The fact that our basement is big enough to put up our large tent for the girls to play and sleep in–because putting it up and sleeping outside is just not a possibility at this point
- A fun 4th of July celebration with friends
- Being able to witness the exciting beginning of a new adventure for a young family (even if it meant saying goodbye–which was sad)
- Knowing that I will be canning green beans very soon–So excited!
- A fun prenatal visit with a client who is brave and determined
- An amazing bargain on Aveeno sunscreen I found yesterday (at The Christmas Tree Shop, of all places! That is one fun store in the summer!)
- Encouraging and informative articles I read in the July/August Home School Enrichment magazine that got sent to me as a courtesy copy (no, this is not an ad or affiliate link, I just thoroughly enjoyed it. I think they sent it to me because I attended the Midwest Convention)
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!