On to my ruminations!
- I’m so very glad I have a wonderful friend who is walking this high school road just a little ahead of me. I’m also grateful that she doesn’t laugh at my silly questions! Sheri B., I love you!
- Even though the button above says “No Fear” I am a bit fearful. Fearful I won’t do enough, teach enough, prepare enough, help enough. And I’m fearful that, although I am excited about our core curriculum this year, my high schooler will hate it. Just being real here!
- After a moment where I was being obnoxious with my admonitions of “you have to think about how this will affect your transcripts and college choices” my daughter said, “Mom, I don’t want to be so concerned about the future that I don’t take the time and opportunity to enjoy the present!” Her dad said she definitely had a point there. Ok, so I need to back off a little. Not everything is such a big deal!
- I honestly can’t remember what 9th grade was like for me. I know I didn’t have many friends at school–my core group of friends was my youth group at church. I know that I didn’t particularly like going to a large high school. I can’t remember what classes I had.
- We really really need to focus on planning and working independently this year. Problem is, I don’t do it very well myself! I’m not very self-motivated, and am a horrible procrastinator. So, how do I teach what I don’t know?! Oh yeah, DAD can do that well–maybe he’ll help her figure it out. Maybe I should have him be the one to keep track of all the records and transcript related stuff! Hmmm…now there’s a thought!
- Four years. We have only four homeschool years left with her. Sigh. Where did the time go?