It’s only Thursday, but I’m tired enough for it to be the weekend already. Except that this weekend is Pinocchio performance weekend, so that’s not going to help me feel more rested! I missed getting up early this morning, but after crawling in bed at 1:00am last night I just couldn’t do it.
In spite of all that, I have some great things to be thankful for this week! Here’s my list for today:
- The flexibility we have as a family
- Successful open-heart surgery for Sarah’s dad (friend I am home schooling this year along with my 2.) He is up and moving around already, although still in considerable pain. Thank you to those Twitter friends who prayed for him this week!
- Quiet, dark-turning-to-light mornings (well, except for this morning–it was quite light by the time I woke up!)
- Steady work for my husband this week
- God’s timing
- Tap shoes found at Goodwill in just the right size! (Normally $75-80 new and we got them for $8–and they ARE just like new!)
- The opportunity to teach my girls the ins and outs of doing laundry, dishes, and other chores
- Inspiration from blogging friends
- The “feel” of fall
- Totally unexpected gift from my husband
- Lessons learned about myself as I teach my kids (even if I don’t necessarily like what I see in myself!)
- The effects of kindness
I wish I could go into detail on that last one, but I promised I wouldn’t. Suffice it to say that when one expects anger and receives grace and laughter instead, it can create an interesting reaction!
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today.