I wrote this post last year around the time of my birthday, and it’s that time of year again. And guess what? I’m still in my 40’s!
So in no particular order, here are ten reasons I like being my age:
- Sometimes, I have a little bit of wisdom to offer younger moms
- I’m still young enough that my teenager asks to borrow my shoes
- When the local radio station does an “All-80’s Weekend” I can actually sing along with most of the songs (with much groaning from the aforementioned teen)
- I am old enough to remember life without all the technology
- I am young enough to enjoy using all the technology
- Cooking is easier now that I’ve figured some things out through the years
- My girls are old enough that they can do some cooking
- This stupid acne makes me feel like I’m so much younger :/
- Even though I would be thrilled with another baby, I like this mom-of-older-kids stage
- I have a good excuse for trying crazy things–“you’re not getting any younger, you know!”
I know there are good things to be found in each stage in life, but don’t you just sometimes wish you could combine some of them? For example, wouldn’t it be nice to have all the energy and silliness and wonder of childhood combined with the bravery of young adulthood combined with the experience and (hopefully) wisdom of an older adult?
Or maybe you already ARE that person! I wish I was.
What do you like about being the age you are?