I had quite a few of these 31 Days posts written ahead of time. Not this one. And it’s been one of those weeks where I’m struggling to find things to be thankful for; struggling to not be a whiner; missing the Midwest weather; feeling out of place at moments; stressed over the “what-if” and “what’s-next” questions.
Being thankful is a discipline, however, so I pull my mind away from the muck to thank God for what I’ve been given and how He’s blessing.
- I did get to attend a Chaplains’ wives coffee this week. I got to talk to a couple of wives who I had seen around but hadn’t really spent time with. It was really nice to have the time to just sit and chat. More great connections.
- We found a great indoor rock climbing gym!
- Ron and I have had some extra time together this week due to a cancelled class and the Monday holiday.
- Tuesday night NCIS and NCIS LA twitter chats with my far-away friends–such fun!
- Knowing, even if it gets pushed to the back of my emotions, that God is using this new Army experience for the good–of my husband, myself, and our family.
And that last point is the one I’m trying to remember through weeks like this one.