We’re almost at the end of our third week of school. That’s hard for me to believe.
And once again it’s Thursday and time for a thankful list. Sometimes it’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how quickly some days seem to go by. And someone (ahem…Stef Layton) innocently reminded me that a certain holiday season is right around the corner! But I digress.
Just as a reminder as to why I do these posts every week–I know that we are challenged in Scripture to be thankful all the time, and I try to remind myself often of all I have to be grateful for. One of the ways I do this is to make this list. There’s something powerful about thinking through and writing out blessings.
So today I am thankful for:
- How well school is going! You may recall that I mentioned we added a student this year. (So, I have 2 8th graders and my youngest is in 5th grade.) Having her with us has been a fun blessing. She has been in public school up until this year and I think she is really liking this home school thing. And one of mine made the comment today that they’ve been having so much fun that it doesn’t even feel like school! Here’s what they did a few days ago:
Can you tell what it is? (If you’ve used My Father’s World you’ll know!) It’s our world cake!
- The joy and passion that this girl has for what she loves doing:
- Exciting strides taken in my progress towards running a 5k–pun intended of course!
- Friends whom I can trust to take good care of my kids
- Nights cool enough to wear my snuggly nightgowns
- Open windows with fresh air streaming in
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Shots like these:
- Season premier week of shows I like
- The fun of being in a family fantasy football league (doesn’t hurt that I’m at the top of the league right now either!) We are spread out from coast to coast, so this is just another way to feel connected.
I hope that you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today!