For some reason that I don’t remember now, I missed last week’s Thankful Thursday. So this week I’ll have to be doubly thankful!
I really do have much to be grateful for. Except maybe this fruit fly who is flying around my face and won’t leave me alone! Stupid thing. HA! Got him. Now I can go on.
Today I am thankful for:
- The Abiding Fruit Bible study, and HelloMornings and my Twitter pals who are so much fun to talk with every morning
- Laughter that comes from watching Tim Hawkins videos on YouTube
- Doing school at the library (providing a fun change of scenery, which I needed as much as the girls did)
- 2 weeks of full-time work and pay for my husband! (Strange to not have him around as much during the day though)
- Being able to lengthen my running time thanks to the encouragement of husband and friends
- Fresh recognition of my total dependence on the Lord for identity, worth, salvation, and guidance
- New ideas floating around in my brain, and the feedback from blogger friends when I write about possibilities
- Good rehearsals for Pinocchio, which opens next Friday!
- Thought-provoking questions from my kids
- A husband who puts up with (and even loves!) me through all kinds of my grouchiness
- Cool nights (although I turned the air conditioner back on this week during the day–can you say Indian Summer?!)
- My friend who picks things up at Sam’s Club for me because I let my membership expire.
- Learning how to not be quite so tied to textbooks and workbooks in our school
- Opportunities to stretch my skills as a writer
- These babies:
(Anyone else out there arrange your M&Ms by color and put them into shapes before eating them? My husband thinks I’m nuts and takes great delight in messing up my patterns!)
- And, I am very thankful that school is going so well with our extra student this year. My girls and I enjoy having her with us, and she seems to really like this whole home school thing!
(Origami frog jumping contest)
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today!