Just for fun, let me show you my “office” where I sit and do most of my reading, blogging, planning, thinking, etc.
It has nothing to do with Thankful Thursday. Just thought I’d share. : )
So, on to today’s Thankful list!
- I read the story of the woman from Shunem (2 Kings 4) and was amazed and blessed again by her exchange with Elisha. Wow.
“You’ve gone far beyond the call of duty in taking care of us; what can we do for you? Do you have a request we can bring to the king or to the commander of the army?”
She replied, “Nothing. I’m secure and satisfied in my family.” (from The Message, italics mine)
- A nice soaking rain yesterday
- A cancelled rehearsal so we could actually sit down and have a relaxed family dinner together
- The fact that my hubby asked me to go on a date with him tonight (even though we’re not going to get to go because he has an appointment he had forgotten about–sigh) But, he asked!
- Big sales at the grocery store on things I actually use–very exciting!
- Books to read and review
- We only have a few days left of school (I’m SO ready for a break–does that make me a terrible home schooling mom?)
- The incredible smell of chocolate chip waffles
- Faithful friends who care about my spiritual well-being
- A young friend who was able to help me so I could help my daughter with geometry–absolutely my weakest math subject!
- Whole grain white bread (actually this one would be more that my KIDS are thankful for this!) There’s just something about soft white bread…
- The fact that we are good friends with a car guy who has his own shop
- The opportunity I had to take the CPR and NPR (neonatal resuscitation) classes together this week, which means I can now help at home births! So excited!
I hope you can find things, big and small, to be thankful for today!