This is show week for theater, which normally means I’m a crazy person all week. But, I am the only one NOT going to dress rehearsals right now!
Both girls have parts in the show (Cinderella) and my husband is running spot lights. So I put dinner on the table early, usher them out the door, and actually have a couple of hours to myself.
It’s weird, let me tell you!
You would think that I would get a large amount of work done. You would think. So would I. Except, I’m not. I’m revisiting favorite movies, catching up on past episodes of Downton Abbey (thank you very much, Becky, for that obsession), connecting with twitter friends, and reading.
I’m trying (sort of) not to feel guilty about all the other things I could be doing.
I am writing now, though, and it’s very enjoyable because I love doing Thankful Thursday posts. There is a calming, joyful sense of God’s goodness–even in the midst of chaos–when I sit and deliberately think through what I’ve been given, and how I’ve been blessed. Here’s my list for this week:
- Getting our taxes done AND finding out about our refund!
- My Bible in 90 Days reading–seeing the big picture
- Our impromptu hot dog roast today (outside, over the fire in the fire pit–a Dad idea)
- Hearing the laughter of the girls with their dad as they watch old Looney Toons (Tunes?)
- Good discussions around the table
- My family’s colds are gone!
- The knowledge that my new nephew is being dedicated to the Lord this Sunday, and even though I don’t get to be there, both sets of his grandparents WILL be there
- My mother’s example of staying calm in a crisis
- Whole Foods is coming to our area–really excited about this!
- An opportunity to work on my ONE WORD for this year
- Our little homeschool
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today!