Some days, thankful words flow easily.
But not always is it that way.
This week has been a tired and anxious kind of week, and I’ve struggled. But, searching for the good is a discipline that helps lift me beyond myself.
Today, I am grateful for
- Friends who prayed when I cried, “Help!”
- A successful tae kwon do testing for my youngest (she’s moving towards 2nd degree black belt)
- Going with my oldest to get her ears pierced!
- A short but sweet visit with my aunt
- A husband who just stands still and hugs me when nothing else helps
- Simply Salted microwave popcorn
- The boxes, bags, and string that make cheap cat toys
- Soft, comfy sweats
- Protection from the destructive wind (not even a tumbling trampoline!)
- Poignant memories from pictures taken many years ago
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today.