It has not been the easiest of weeks. But that’s ok, because sometimes the greatest growth can come out of the tough times.
Today, I am thankful for the lessons that I’m learning. I am thankful that my heavenly Father is a patient teacher.
I am also thankful for:
- The encouragement and prayers of friends online and nearby
- The fact that I can call my mom at 2:00am
- A daughter snuggled up next to me
- A new doula client
- Long phone conversations with my husband
- Samples at Sam’s Club (why, oh why do I end up shopping when I’m hungry?!)
- Netflix online tv episodes (been watching “Jericho”)
- String cheese and baby carrots–best quick lunch there is
- Reliable people
- Seeing my oldest start on a room cleaning project–hers! GASP!
- Worship songs I can sing when I can’t sleep
- Beautiful sunsets (my daughter took this)
One of the things that I am learning this week is that thankfulness is a weapon against worry. Someone once told me that worry and worship cannot coexist within a person. I’m finding that to be true.
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today.