I’m trying not to be a whiner this week. I’m missing my husband. Sunday is Mother’s Day and our anniversary and he’s not going to be here.
So, to combat the desire to feel sorry for myself, I’m deliberately listing things to be grateful for today:
- 19 days of school left for this year
- Giant chocolate chip cookies
- Rachael Carman’s book How to Have a Heart for Your Kids
- New writing opportunities
- The hope of my heart’s true home–eternity spent with the Lover of my soul
- This baby:
- Time to sit and reflect
- Comfortable flip-flops (they’re hard to find!)
- Despite the ultra-long, crazy travel day, my husband made it safely to his class
- The pretty distraction that she is:
- Really good apples
- The Apple Store (long story here–suffice it to say, lots of work done at no charge)
- People who are way more tech-savvy than I
And now I really don’t feel like whining quite so much! I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today.