This Thankful Thursday is dedicated to my husband.
Our 17th anniversary was Sunday–Mother’s Day–and he was in Texas. I was just a little sad that he wasn’t here for either occasion. But, after taking my daughter somewhere in the afternoon, I came home to this on the front porch:
(Please excuse the extra junk on the counter.) This came with a beautiful anniversary note.
Then, about an hour later, the doorbell rang and a very nice lady was standing at my door holding this:
I told her I thought she must have made a mistake because I had already gotten my bouquet. We both were confused until I opened the attached card and read a different note from my husband in celebration of Mother’s Day!
Two bouquets–ordered online to be delivered to me on that day. I was in awe. And so very grateful for his thoughtfulness.
I am also blessed to call him husband and thankful for him because:
- He is a godly man and leader
- He has a great sense of humor
- He is strong in the areas that I am weak
- He loves me in spite of my many flaws and failings
- He is a great daddy to our girls
- He challenges me to think
- He tells great stories
- He honestly strives to live by God’s ways
- He is giving
- He is not perfect, but he will willingly admit that and ask for forgiveness when wrong is done
- Despite our differences in personality and perspective, I never have to question his love or commitment to me and our family
Our marriage is very far from perfect, but I am more than grateful for the fact that God has joined us together.