Honestly, it would be quite easy for me to be whiny this week instead of thankful.
I’m always a little down after my parents leave, it’s way too hot and humid, I miss my husband, I have no motivation to do anything, and I’m struggling with making time for my Bible reading and study. Just keepin’ it real here.
However, even in the midst of all that, I know there are things to be thankful for, so here we go:
- Beauty in spite of drought
- Air conditioners in house and car
- Time to read
- Kind and generous friends
- A homeschool curriculum grant for next year
- A daughter who looks for beauty to capture on camera
- Days that are slowly shortening towards my favorite winter season
- Entertaining cat antics
- Relaxed mornings
- This beautiful, energetic, keeps-me-on-my-toes young lady who turned 14 last week–14! Oh my!
- A heavenly Father who knows my weaknesses, foibles, fears, and failings, and yet loves me perfectly. Oh, how grateful I am!
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today.