Sometimes, Thursdays totally sneak up on me! I’m not sure how or why they do that, but I don’t think it’s very nice of them. Of course, it doesn’t have anything to do with my disorganized, type-B (or whatever they’re calling it these days) personality–not at all!
But, I do have plenty to be thankful for, even in the midst of this post-Christmas, my-parents-went-home, school-started-again, the-lovely-snow-is-melting, I’m-tired-and-can’t-focus type of week! Yes, even then.
Today I am grateful for:
- The very nice two weeks we had with my mom and dad
- A successful audition for my oldest for Wizard of Oz
- Finding the motivation to put Christmas decorations away (except for the tree–I’m still enjoying the pretty lights first thing in the morning)
- The Iliad is finished! I’d been reading it out loud to the girls for school, and today was the last of it. Next up–The Odyssey. But they’ll be reading that on their own. Not for the faint of heart!
- The skills and patience of Amanda Pelser.
- A new #HelloMornings challenge coming up soon!
- A fresh year to read through the Bible again–although I’m not doing the Bible in 90 Days thing again. That was a great challenge, but I’m gonna take it slower this year!
- People who are praying for my family’s soon-coming changes
- An email from a friend who I hadn’t talked to in a while
- Listening to my husband tell stories of his childhood to the girls–he’s quite entertaining
- Christmas money that I spent on this:
It has an actual wood wick, so when I light it, it crackles and pops like a fire would. Love that sound! And the smell is wonderful too.
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today. And by all means, if you’ve written a thankful post of any kind, link it up below! I only ask that you please use the pretty button that Theresa made for me or a text link back to here.