The past week and a half has been a time of adjustment, and as much as I considered myself a veteran home schooler, I’ve struggled with getting back into routine. And I’m tired. And I don’t have much time for blogging. Or reading. Or relaxing. But that’s ok, because I know it will even out here sometime, and I know the adjustment is for something good. And I wouldn’t trade it.
Anyway, in spite of the tired and the struggle, I have much to be thankful for this week!
- Motivated learners
- The patience and understanding my husband has displayed
- A beautiful and fun wedding we got to be a part of
- The sad and yet celebratory funeral service for a dear saint and friend who went to see her Savior
- First fall colors appearing in a few of the trees
- A successful audition for my oldest to be in a special Ambassadors group for theater. (To say she is thrilled would be putting it mildly!)
- Maximize Your Mornings Fall session starts today and I get the chance to know a new group of ladies as an AC!
- Warm coffee on much cooler mornings–love them both, but put them together and you get near perfection
- I’m getting to the point where I can’t wait to get out and run! Weird maybe, but it’s the truth!
- I’m also getting to the point where I can run for longer without stopping
- A challenging Bible Study for our Tuesday night group, and the addition of a new person
- Fun texting with my dad
- Home schooling moms who have gone before me in using My Father’s World curriculum
- Favorite “oldies but goodies” movies for family movie night
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today!