I thought I would share a couple of quotes this week from the book I’ve been reading, Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh Demoss.
“It is simply true that the person who has chosen to make gratitude his or her mind-set and lifestyle can view anything–anything!–through the eyes of thankfulness.”
“Yes, see if expressing gratitude to the Lord doesn’t “magnify” Him in your eyes, increasing your depth perception of this one who knows your name, counts the hairs on your head, and manifests His love for you with one blessing after another.”
And this one is my favorite:
“The grateful heart that springs forth in joy is not acquired in a moment; it is the fruit of a thousand choices. It is a godly habit and pattern that over time becomes a new muscle in our spiritual makeup.”
Thankfulness is a habit nurtured and developed over time. And it’s the muscle I’m trying to build up at this time in my life.
Today I am thankful for:
- My salvation that was gifted by His grace
- Friday is only a day away! It has been a long 2 weeks apart from my love. And he gets home on our anniversary!
- The anticipation of a birth and new life
- Praying friends
- Opportunities to write
- Decadent desserts
- New insights into my marriage relationship
- A husband whose strengths include honesty, integrity, and a willingness to learn
- My iPhone Kindle reader (and the fact that FREE books are available!)
- A mama who instilled in me a love of reading
- My youngest has started journaling–every night before she goes to sleep. Makes my heart smile.
- Almonds sold at Sam’s Club in a large bag
I hope you can find things, large and small, to be thankful for today!