It has been one unbelievably rainy and stormy week! It’s getting hard to still enjoy the water coming down from the sky. And personally, I’m tired of the wind. I don’t like wind. Makes me uneasy.
Because of the dreariness and blech of the weather, I’ve tried hard to focus on other things that I AM thankful for. For some reason, it has not been easy. But I am going to persist!
Today I am thankful for:
- Our sturdy, well-built little home with a basement that’s perfect for spending time waiting out tornado warnings
- Free books to read and review
- Examples of creative beauty (This card was handmade by my aunt)
- Kids who are thrilled by getting used books to read
- The unknown that stretches my faith
- The trip that my husband will soon take (NO, not thrilled about him being gone! But these trips are what provide our income at the moment.)
- Funny backyard animals to watch–sorry ’bout the blurry–I was at quite a distance!
- A fuel-efficient car
- Food in the freezer
- Hearing the words, “Sit here a minute, we want to pray for you.” (Spoken by true friends whose home we were visiting)
I hope you can find things, small and large, to be thankful for today.