Never done a Top Ten post before, so I thought it might be kind of fun!
I chose my list title because I just recently (like, yesterday) talked my MOM into starting a blog. (Her new site is called iamgrammapat and I would love it if you would visit and follow!) Anyway, since I was talking to her about why I like blogging so much, the ideas for the post were fresh on my mind. So here’s the list:
1. Making new friends. And yes, I consider you friends, even if I’ve not actually “met” you in person! The sharing of hearts and lives is so sweet.
2. The creative outlet for my brain. I am not a crafter, seamstress, or gardener, but I do love words and writing them down.
3. Preserving memories. The ability to look back and remember is so precious.
4. Learning new things. I have gotten some really great ideas from you!
5. Looking for the fun, interesting, unusual, timely, inspirational. This blogging thing has caused me to be more observant.
6. Encouragement. I cannot tell you how many times I have been feeling down and one of your comments has been just the encouragement I needed.
7. Along with encouragement and learning is inspiration! I have been inspired to try something new in our home school, my cooking, my reading, etc. because of you.
8. Free stuff! I have won a couple of giveaways, been given free books to review, products to try, and coupons to use. LOVE FREE STUFF!
9. Forced time management. Yes, I am one of those who can (and often DOES) spend too much time on the computer. I have had to take a hard look at priorities and time, which is a good thing.
10. Staying connected with family far away. Family members read my blog. That’s a good thing, because what I write about is not always something I think to talk about on the phone with them. Many of them have blogs (or are on facebook or twitter) which doesn’t even hold a candle to actually LIVING in the same place, but at least it’s a way to stay connected on some level.
I didn’t put this list in any kind of order. Just the reasons as they came to mind.