In honor of our 16th wedding anniversary, which was last Friday, I thought I would write about my husband.
(Disclaimer: If you tend to gag at the sweetness factor of posts like these, you can skip this one.)
The top 10 reasons I love my husband:
- His strengths lie in the areas in which I am weak, so we complement each other very well
- He is a man of integrity and honesty
- He is a man who continues to want to learn
- He brings much laughter into our home
- He lives in a home with 3 girls, and yet he tries hard to be patient and understanding when the emotions are flying (although he has mentioned building a shed to escape to)
- He keeps me grounded (and sane)
- He leads by example, with grace
- His desire is to serve the Lord and follow His leading
- He inspires me to be a better wife and mom
- He is totally, completely, 100% committed to our marriage
I am rather disappointed today, however.
We had been looking forward to going to an Army sponsored marriage retreat (called Strong Bonds). It was going to be our anniversary getaway. They cancelled it! So sad.
Anyway, I’ll leave you with some pictures.
I’m joining other Top Ten lists over at OHAMANDA‘s place today.